3. Information we Collect
a. Information Collected Directly
If you are a Fleet Operator and/or Authorized User, JooyCar may collect the following personal information in connection with your use of the JooyCar Services:
- Your email address, first name and/or last name,
- Contact information for the Fleet Operator, such as business address and phone number;
- Your username, password and/or other login credentials;
- Information regarding the Fleet Vehicles and the operation of the Fleet Vehicles, which may include, the license plate number, make and model;
- Information regarding the Driver operating and/or driving the Fleet Vehicle, including, the Driver’s name, drives license, and phone number; and
- Other information you may provide by filling out forms or by contacting us (such as your feedback or other communications with us).
Please be advised that we may ask you to update your information from time to time in order to keep it accurate. Additionally, if you provide personal information to us about someone else, you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that information to us and that, without us taking any further steps required by data protection laws, we may collect, use and disclose such information for the purposes described in this Privacy Notice. For example, you should ensure the individual concerned is aware of the terms detailed in this Privacy Notice
If you are a Driver, we may collect information indirectly from you through your employer/fleet owner, please contact them for details.
b. Information Collected Indirectly
When using or interacting with the JooyCar Services we, or our authorized third-party service providers, automatically collect information about the use and interaction with the JooyCar Services as described below (collectively, “Usage Information”).
- General Usage Information: We collect certain information about interactions with the JooyCar Services, including information about the device used to interact with and/or access the JooyCar Services, including, without limitation, IP address, access dates and times, information about the approximate location of the person accessing the JooyCar Services (as determined through the IP address), mobile device information, device event information, crash data, and log data when accessing and using the JooyCar Services.
- Hardware Information. When using and/or installing the Hardware in Fleet Vehicles, and/or during the operation of the Fleet Vehicle, whether by Fleet Operator, an Authorized User and/or Driver, we collect certain information directly from the Hardware units:
- Fleet Vehicle Information: When the Hardware is installed in Fleet Vehicles, the Hardware automatically collects, tracks, and transmits information regarding the operation and use of the Fleet Vehicles, such as the make and model, the vehicle identification number (VIN), engine codes, operational status of vehicle parts (for example, condition of brakes, shocks, engine, oil levels, and sensors), current speed based on miles per hour (MPH), acceleration and deceleration of the Fleet Vehicle, and miles driven.
- Geolocation: The Hardware automatically collects, tracks, and transmits the geolocation of the Fleet Vehicle during the operation of the Fleet Vehicle. This enables a Fleet Operator and/or its Authorized Users to track the driving routes of a Fleet Vehicle and track and determine your location if you are a Driver while operating the Fleet Vehicle, or a passenger in a Fleet Vehicle or otherwise in possession of a Fleet Vehicle.
- Technical and Performance Information: We automatically collect and record certain technical and performance information from the Hardware such as, usage statistics, performance analytics, device model and serial number, software version, error logs, connectivity status, power status, and charge level, and whether product features are working properly. Typically, all technical and performance information is gathered by JooyCar in anonymous form and does not identify an individual personally.
JooyCar uses Usage Information to provide the JooyCar Services to the Fleet Operator pursuant to the Agreement, and understand how the JooyCar Services are being used by Fleet Operator and its Authorized Users (which may include administrative and support communications with us), and other actions taken in connection with the use of the JooyCar Services. We use this information for our internal purposes, specifically to operate, maintain, secure and improve the JooyCar Services. We may also use this information to provide Fleet Operator and/or its Authorized Users with notifications, recommendations, and information about specific features of the JooyCar Services and/or additional products, services, or features we believe may be of interest to Fleet Operator.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
We or authorized third parties collect certain information (including, without limitation, Usage Information) by automated means using cookies, web beacons, and server logs for analytic purposes. JooyCar tracks users use of the JooyCar Services, but does not track users across third party websites. A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user’s computer for record-keeping purposes. When Fleet Operator and/or its Authorized Users access or use the JooyCar Services, we may by means of cookies, beacons, tags, scripts, and/or similar technologies automatically collect technical information about the devices and software used to access the JooyCar Services, such as the type of Internet browser or mobile device used, IP addresses or device IDs (or other persistent identifier that uniquely identifies a computer or mobile device on the Internet), the operating system of the computer or mobile device accessing the JooyCar Services, and other similar technical information. Typically, all technical, analytics, and usage information is gathered by JooyCar in anonymous form and does not identify any individual personally.
We use both session ID cookies and persistent cookies. These technologies (or a combination of them) are used to help us:
- Compile statistics and analytics about the use of and interaction with the JooyCar Services, including details about how and where our Service are accessed, how often a certain user visits or uses the JooyCar Services, the date and time of such visits, user actions on or through the JooyCar Services, and information regarding in-App activities, and other similar traffic, usage, and trend data, which allow us to better understand the functionality of our mobile software on mobile devices and gain insights about how mobile software is used in order to improve our customer experience;
- Gather important functionality, testing, and performance data about the JooyCar Services, including performance data related to the App, Platform and Hardware, such as networking activity, CPU load, and resource usage, among other relevant data;
- Moderate user behavior on the JooyCar Services, such as protecting against fraud and other inappropriate activities;
- Gather demographic information about our user base; and
- Perform other similar functions.
We may use third party tools and technologies to help us gather this information discussed above. For instance, we use Fabric and Firebase, products provided by Google, Inc., which includes, Google Analytics to collect and process certain analytics data with technologies such as tracking pixels.
Google provides some additional privacy options described at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/ with respect to Google Analytics cookies. To opt out from Google Analytics, you can download a plug-in from http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
c. Information Collected from Third Parties
In some instances, we process personal information from third parties other than from you directly, which consists of:
- Data from our partners, such as transactional data from providers of payment services or location data from Google Maps;
- Data from Fleet Operators who authorize you to access and use the JooyCar Services as an Authorized User;
- Data submitted by Fleet Operators and/or Authorized Users if you are a Driver;
- Data from national databases of safety records if you are a Driver, for example, diver safety records maintained by the National Driver Registry (NDR), which consist of identification information including name, date of birth, gender, driver license number, and reporting State.
In addition, we may collect certain information from third party databases to provide the JooyCar services that does not identify any person or individual, for example, national databases of speed limits; however, if we combine or connect such information with personal data so that it can directly or indirectly identify you, we treat the combined data as personal data, which will be processed in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
d. Aggregated Data
With the personal information and other data (including, Usage Information) collected by us, we process “Aggregated Data”, such as statistical or demographic data. Aggregated Data may be derived from personal information, but is not considered personal information under the law if it does not directly or indirectly reveal a person’s identity. If we combine or connect Aggregated Data with personal information so that it can directly or indirectly identify a person, we treat the combined data as personal information, which will be processed in accordance with this Privacy Notice.