Research by Fleetr indicates that only 25% of small business owners with fleets use a GPS tracking solution. These businesses include contractors, landscapers, plumbers, electricians, and many others. This is surprising, in light of the fact that GPS fleet tracking solutions provide a significant value. Fleetr research shows that owners derive value in the following ways:
- Tracking vehicles and drivers. A good GPS fleet tracking solution will allow you to know, at any point in time, where your drivers are, on and off hours.
- Improving the driving habits of your drivers. Safe driving impacts the bottom line immediately in terms of insurance costs and vehicle life.
- Maintaining vehicles properly: Staying on top of vehicle maintenance in terms of oil changes, brake replacements and tire rotations can add 25% to your engine life and up to three years for your vehicle usage.
- Saving money on fuel: Idling and speeding can cost a lot of money, up to $100 per vehicle per month.
So why doesn’t every fleet owner use a GPS fleet tracking solution? Mainly because most owners and fleet managers are unaware of recent developments in the GPS fleet tracking industry. Here are a few:
- Prices have come down: It used to be that you had to pay more than $30 per vehicle per month. You would need to enter into multi year contracts. You would need to pay for expensive hardware.
No More!!! Today you can buy state of the art GPS tracking solutions for less than $15 per month, no contracts, no paying for hardware. How is this possible? Costs of developing these products have come down significantly, but most vendors have not kept up. Look for a new platform that is leveraging state of the art technology.
- Software has become really easy to use: No more navigating through many screens to get what you need. No sifting through endless reports to get an answer. No more having to find a computer and internet connection just to track your vehicles.
Today’s vehicle trackers are phone based. You can track vehicles anywhere, at any time. When you need to pay attention to a speeding offense, you get a notification. You can see every driver’s trip history and weekly/monthly performance right on your phone. No reports, no downloads.
- GPS tracking solutions are doing a lot more things: The most innovative solutions can measure your drivers’ safety record and score them relative to each other and historically. This is very important for safety and for insurance costs. Other innovations include fuel savings and vehicle maintenance. In summary: you get a lot more for your money today.
Want to find out more? Please contact us at www.fleetr.com